For what seems like a million different reasons, I have been feeling crazy ADD this week, so I’m just going to embrace it, and give you a round up of the random goodness I have found lately.
1. My love for They Might Be Giants started back when I was in Jr.High and my bestfriend’s sister, Anissa drove us around in her cute little VW golf with the sunroof open. I thought she was the coolest person EVER and she listened to They Might Be Giants. So, I saved two weeks allowance and bought a cassette tape. (She also introduced me to Annie Lennox, The Cure, and U2, so I am forever grateful.) Now, I pass on my love to my science learning children:
2. I am dying to make some fruit leather. We don’t usually leave TJ’s without a few for the ride home. So, I have saved this tutorial for the Spring and Summer fruits!
3. After several moves, and living in storage for almost a year, our furniture is in dire need of a refresh. Not only are there dings and scratches, but it doesn’t seem to match us anymore. So, I’m hoping to make it all ours again with the help of some paint. I learned about chalk paint via The Nester and want to try what Miss Mustard Seed did here. It’s beautiful.
4. Even though I have given up the sweets for Lent, I made a ton of cookies yesterday! I know, something is wrong with me. But, my Aunt-in-law, Annie, from Minnesota taught be how to make Norwegian Berliners. If you haven’t had them, they are like the lighter, butterier, cousins of those Danish cookies that always come in the huge round tin. I was just too excited to wait! I didn’t eat any, so I’m not quite sure how I did, but I’m taking a bunch to our family Bible study tonight so that my Father-in-law, the Berliner expert, can give me some helpful hints. If you want the recipe, let me know.
5. I think we all know not to be one of those annoying people who say that they liked things before everyone else did (because who cares when you started liking something?!). But, I also don’t want to be someone who is too cool to celebrate something great, publicly, just because everyone else is. (: So, without further ado, how great is this song by Mumford & Sons?!?!
Okay, I would love to say that I will be more focused next week, and not all over the place, but I don’t really think that is possible for me. (: Hope your weekend is filled with so much goodness that it seems random!